During pregnancy and lactation, there is a significantly increase in the protein requirement. During pregnancy, adequate intake of protein is needed for During pregnancy and lactation, there is a significantly increase in the protein requirement. During pregnancy, adequate intake of protein is needed for
- Rapid fetal growth
- Enlargement of uterus, mammary glands & placenta
- Increase in maternal circulating blood volume
- Formation of amniotic fluid
- Transfer of amino acid from mother to fetus
The additional protein requirement during lactation is for the milk production. Protein in diet during lactation helps prevent reduction in the quantity of milk.
According to the National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau survey of 2002, the intake of cereals and millets among pregnant women was comparable to the RDI of non pregnant non lactating women. This indicates that no additional amounts are consumed to meet the increased requirements of pregnancy. The intake of all other foods was much below the levels suggested for NPNL women. Various studies have shown that the maximum mean protein intake of pregnant women in India is about 50 g. WHO (World Health Organization) recommends balanced protein energy supplementation with less than 25% calories from protein in pregnant women. Balanced protein/energy supplementation increases maternal weight gain, mean birth weight and decreases the risk of small for gestational age (SGA) babies by 30%. Whereas high protein supplementation may have a negative effect on fetal growth and can also lead to neonatal mortality and increased risk of SGA babies.
||Normal Adult Women
|Dietary Fiber (g)
Procura Mom to meet the X-tra demands.
The Procura Mom with DHA fills gaps in dietary intake of proteins and calories during Pregnancy & Lactation
As per the latest NNMB survey of 2001, the intake of cereals and millets among pregnant women, was comparable to the RDI of non-pregnant-non-lactating [NPNL] women. This indicates that, no additional amounts are consumed to meet the increased requirements of pregnancy. The intake of all other foods was much below the levels suggested for NPNL women.
Protein sparing action provided by filling the gaps in calorie intake. Calorie provide by dietary intake spared protein for protein purposes in the body. Thus reduced the digestion of protein and decreased the amount available for its metabolism. This available protein is utilized for tissue repair and muscle building.
Procura Mom helps to fill the dietary gaps in pregnant and lactating women and hence can be considered as a good food based approach to prevent such gaps.
Procura Mom is designed with the right amount and quality of protein required during pregnancy.
- The right blend of three very powerful sources of Protein- Whole egg, Soy, & Milk fulfils the extra demand of protein during pregnancy & lactation.
- Adequate quantities of Soy Fibre relieve pregnancy related constipation. and may reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- DHA ensures proper fetal brain development right from neural tube formation.
- Procura Mom provides ideal quality protein
Balance Protein / Energy supplementation (< 25% Protien Calories) is benefical to mother
- Procura Mom with DHA complies with WHO guidelines for protein and calories of <25% protein calories
- Contains good quality protein Whole egg protein.
Procura Mom With DHA : Ideal nutrient supplement during pregnancy
- Optimum quantity of Fat & Carbohydrates provides adequate energy support for proper fetal growth ensuring all round development of the foetus.
- Additional Natural Almonds (Badam) are a great source of Folate, the natural form of folic acid, one of the most important nutrients for your patient in the first trimester. Folic acid supplementation is recommended for prevention of birth defects.
- Added pure saffron is supposed to increase blood circulation in the foetus and also improve the complexion of the babies.